Horizon Academy West Mission Statement
Horizon Academy West has committed to educational excellence, and our staff is dedicated to providing a rigorous, creative, well-rounded education for all students. Our school is committed to helping each student master his or her subjects, and learn to think- critically and creatively.
Click button to learn more about our admissions process.
HAW Charter School Contract
Student and Parent Handbook
Starting August 9, 2016, some changes will be made to our Horizon Academy West pickup procedures.
- Walk Up Pickup: All Pre-K and Kindergarten students will be walk up pickup, along with their siblings. See below for the designated areas. Walk up parents must park on the street or at the park. Please do not block entrances to businesses or the school when parking. It is important to utilize sidewalks and crosswalks to the get to the pickup area. To maintain the safety of all children, please wait until the whole class is at their lineup spot before you take your child. Also, please notify your child’s teacher when you take your child. Walk up pickup students should be picked up from 3:25-3:45pm.
- Pre-K Students: All Pre-K students and their siblings (including Kindergarten siblings) will be picked up in the Pre-K classroom.
- Kindergarten Students: All Kindergarten students and their siblings should be picked up next to the Pre-K playground on the South end of the building.
- Drive Up Pickup: All students in grades 1st through 5th, who do not have Pre-K or Kindergarten siblings will be drive up pickup. See below for the designated areas. Drive up parents must enter from Painted Rock RD (west of the school), then enter the parking lot at the SE corner of the school. To maintain the safety of all children, please do not exit your vehicle. Staff members will walk your child to the car. Please make sure you move as far forward as you can at all times to make room for more cars. Drive up pickup students should be picked up from 3:30-3:45pm.
- 1st and 2nd Grade (Nye and Peak) Students: All 1st and 2nd grade (Nye and Peak) students and their siblings will be picked up in the front of the school near the cafeteria.
- 2nd (Hanks and Stoffan)- 5th :Grade Students All 2nd (Hanks and Stoffan)- 5th grade students will be picked up in the driveway that goes behind the school and you will stop behind the cafeteria to pick up your child.